|Posted by Murphy Henderson on April 30, 2011 at 8:05 PM|
The evidence for the soon return of Jesus Christ is overwhelming. It could be any moment. One scholar lists 167 converging clues just in the last few years. The following are eight:
1. Israel’s rebirth. As Jesus prophesied, the Jews were scattered during the Jewish-Roman war of A.D. 70 (Luke 21:24). Also prophesied to occur before Christ’s return, the nation of Israel was miraculously reborn on May 14, 1948. Israel is called “God’s time clock.”
2. Plummeting morality. Studies show a shocking breakdown just since mid-century (2 Timothy 3:1-4).
3. Famines, violence, and wars. Jesus said the signs before his return would come as intensifying birth pangs, seeing increased famines, violence and wars, a clear picture of our planet (Matthew 24:6-8). One of six people on earth suffers from hunger. Violence is epidemic. A study of wars since 500 B.C. shows a recent dramatic increase. More than 100 conflicts have erupted since 1990, about twice the number for previous decades.
4. Increase in earthquakes. Also prophesied to be as birth pangs (Matthew 24:7), a recent study shows a dramatic increase in earthquakes worldwide, just since the decade of Israel’s rebirth. Between 1920 and 1990, a 70-year span, there were 10 major earthquakes. But in 1990 to the year 2005, a 15-year span, we have had 13 major earthquakes." (Associated Press) The U.S. Geological Survey data shows in 2000, there were 22,256 recorded earthquakes worldwide but steadily increased to 31,199 earthquakes in 2004. (WorldNetDaily)
5. Explosion of travel and education. Two key conditions described about 2,500 years ago for the Second Coming are that “travel and education shall be vastly increased” (Daniel 12:4, Living Bible). In all of history, the vast increase in travel has come just since mid-century with the explosion of both ground and air transportation; in education, with the advance of science and computers.
6. Explosion of cults and the occult. Counterfeit spirituality is everywhere with cults and false Christs (Matthew 24:24), psychic phenomena, spiritism, Satan worship, witchcraft, nature worship and the New Age movement (1 Timothy 4:1). What is a cult or the occult? See "What is a cult or the occult" Report on this website.
7. The New World Order. Increased centralization of world financial and political power is a prelude to the soon-coming world power system in the hands of the “Antichrist,” who will be the incarnation of Satan and who will deceive most of the world (Daniel 7-12, Matthew 24:15, Revelation 13). Beware of the “mark of the beast”. Beware of the Mark of the Beast Report" on this web site
8. Increase in both apostasy and faith. The Bible predicts in the last days, “A form of godliness, although they have denied its power” (2 Timothy 3:5). Today, many churches deny the eternal truths of Scripture and power of the Holy Spirit, replacing them with ungodly, temporal and “politically correct” values. But also, a prophesied outpouring of God’s Spirit is causing hundreds of millions worldwide to come to true faith in Christ in record numbers, virtually unnoticed by the media.
The Escape Plan
Christ’s death and resurrection have opened the way to heaven and life with the Father forever for all who put their trust in Him and His great sacrifice on our behalf. Christ will soon come and rescue His people from the approaching “Great Tribulation” (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). He will later rule and bring peace on earth- after He judges the world and every person (Matthew 25:31-46).
God’s judgment is indeed coming on a world in rebellion. He cannot deny His nature. His attributes of perfect holiness and justice demand judgment for sin, of which we are all guilty. “For all who have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
The result of sin is death, or separation from God. “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). Wages are something we earn, or deserve.
But “God is love” (1 John 4:8). Is “love” in conflict with “judgment”? Answer: God’s wisdom reconciled the dilemma- the Son of God would take all our judgment upon Himself! “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
To escape God’s judgment, we each must receive His free gifts of forgiveness and love, “But the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). A gift is something we do not earn, or deserve.
How to receive Him
In any gift exchange, there has to be giver and receiver. God has already given us the gift, His Son; now we must receive Him. “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).
We receive Him by faith. “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast” (Ephesians 2:8,9).
We receive Him by personal invitation, (Christ speaking) “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him” (Revelation 3:20). Do you hear His voice?
The following is a suggested prayer: “Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God and that you died on the cross for my sins to save me from eternal death. I open the door of my life and receive you as my Savior and Lord. I give you my life. Help me to be what you want me to be. Amen.”
Categories: The Soon Coming King!